Why do we need a new police station you ask?
Well here are just some of the improvements that could be made if we pass the referendum for a new police station:
Modern Police Station
- A larger and more technologically-advanced property and evidence area with sufficient space dedicated for the processing and packaging of evidence taken into custody and housing of evidence or found property for the duration required by law.
- Multiple contemporary interview rooms to be used by detectives for interviewing suspects and witnesses and receiving complaints.
- A modernized training room with sufficient space to train complete shifts that is equipped with the latest presentation and training technology.
- A collaborative and state-of-the-art report writing room(s) with multiple individual work spaces and conference area for collaborative discussions.
- A restructured Emergency Operations Center (EOC) with sufficient space to accommodate all City Departments, County representatives, and utility company representatives and is equipped with the latest technology and communications equipment and constructed to continue operations during and after natural or man-made disasters.
- Enhanced internal and external security with secured ingress/egress, vehicle parking areas, power backup generation, and latest technology.
- Enhanced reception area with a welcoming environment and dedicated meeting space for residents to meet with police officers in private when discussing sensitive issues.
- Sufficient office space for Police Department command staff providing individual work spaces, privacy, and a conference area for collaborative discussions.
- A new modern police station may include the following improvements:
The new police station’s architecture and layout may include the latest generation of law enforcement facility design enhancing the Department’s community policing initiatives, comprehensive crime reduction programs, and utilization of technology to track crime statistics and complete reports